Friday, June 2, 2017

Sharing is Caring


This morning I same across a video which got me to tears. This video talks about  a school boy who opens his lunch box during lunch break, only to find it empty. Heartbroken, he walks out of the class and drinks some water from the school water fountain to fill his stomach. He gets back to the class and finds out that the empty box, is now filled with different snacks. Confused he looks around and realizes that he has a small portion of each classmate's lunch in his box. With a wide smile, he takes a joyful bite of a sandwich and the video ends with a smile on my face.The video intends that we need to take care of the each other at all circumstances.



This video took me back to my school days. I remember having a huge group of friends in 9th  grade. We always sat in a big round circle for lunch breaks and would pass each others tiffin boxes around. Everyone got a small portion of each others snack. My mom often worked early morning shifts and I seldom took any snacks those days.I'd be so hungry by break time but this ritual of sharing, helped me a lot.I am so grateful to my school friends. 
Back when I was growing up, my parents always forced, my brother and me to share everything with each other. My brother being the elder one and the smarter one, always got the better share and I'd be whining about it the whole day.Three years back, when I wanted to purse my Masters in the U.S ,he financed my education with no hesitation. I wonder if I would be half as nice and generous as him, if I had to do the same.
I believe I  learned my best bit of sharing when I moved to the U.S.From sharing an apartment to sharing each others clothes, it was and still is a great learning experience. 
Dont have tomatoes to make curry? No problem! Just run upstairs to your friends house and grab a tomato.
Hairy legs and no time to wax? No problem! Run to roomies closet and steal her stockings. 
We always get it SORTED!  I learned to share care and bear the most living away from home. 


I really thank God for blessing me with incredible people around me, who only know to love. I pray that I can do the same as well. I hope that I grow to be a person who loves the act of sharing and giving instead of only taking  !






No comments:

Post a Comment

Mukkathe Penne(Ennu Ninte Moiden) - English Translation

Mukkathe Penne from Ennu Ninte Moiden is such a beautiful song filled with emotions. Do Enjoy :) Details: Song: Mukkathe P...